Application idea in from Steve:
I have an idea for an app that I can’t seem to find. I am a truck driver for my job and it would really help me if there was a mapping app that would allow me to enter multiple destinations. I use Google Maps now, but it only lets me enter one destination. I have 8-10 stops a day and I would like to enter them all in the morning when I start my day. Thanks.
That is a great idea Steve, but I have good news. We don’t need to build an app for that; because it already exists. The app you need is called MapQuest. This app is similar to Google Maps, but there are a few extra features included. MapQuest has the option of entering multiple destinations and it also has a night mode. I have created a screenshot tutorial to walk you through the process. Please note, I took all the screenshots in night mode to illustrate that feature also.
1. To get things started, go to the Directions button(located in your app menu) and type in two locations. Once both locations are identified and your directions are created, you should be at this screen. Click the Actions tab at the top right.
2. Select the Edit Route button.
3. Select the + Add a Location button.
4. Now type in your additional location.
5. Now you have selected your additional location. Then press the Get Directions button at the bottom right of the screen.
Do you have a great App that I should know about? Do you have the next great App idea? If so please send me an email of your Apps or Ideas. Who do you know that needs the Mapquest App? Do you have a friend or co-worker that could use a map app with multiple destination options? If so, please share this post with them. Also don’t forget to subscribe to my Rss or Email feed so you can be notified when I have a new post.